[pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:11:51 -0600

Sauerwald Mark wrote:

>Thanks Chauncey -
>Actually the Artcraft kit includes EDTA-Disodium and a
>note to add it of you are going to use it in tube
>processors.
>
>Mark
>
>--- Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You're going to want to use the maximum amount of solution you can. In
my CPP-2, that's 1 liter, but I don't know about your unit. There are
three techniques that I've heard of. 1.) Inject drum with argon gas
before putting in developer. 2) Use two batches of developer, and
replace the first one half way through the development. 3) Double part
A.  I only tried the latter, and it worked ok, but I didn't like the
compression in the highlights that I got with PMK and VC paper. I
recommend skipping the alkaline afterbath as it leads to an increase in
overall stain, which isn't desirable.

-Peter
www.desmidt.net