[pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:21:35 -0500 (EST)

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Pyro in a Jobo Processor
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:57:49 -0500 (EST)

> That's not a good test. Also, if you still use tris buffer, tris
> buffer has some affinity to metal ions and has similar action to
> potentate redox catalysis of iron. Phosphate is another bad choice.

Actually I shouldve spent a few more minutes to provide details on
this one.  Based on my reading, tris is more iron-reactive than mops
and hepes. None of these can reverse the potentiation of iron
catalysis by EDTA type ligands. Presence of ascorbate etc. of course
makes the picture a lot more complicated.

In terms of storage of pure sulfite, I think the metal specie to
watch out for is nickel. I think this one can be easily dealt with
with any of the ordinary means (such as EDTA + citrate).

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."