[pure-silver] Re: Pure Black and Golden.

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:21:18 +1100

Hi Snoopy,

thanks for your contribution.  You will see from my other
posts that it definitely was underexposure and possibly
overdevelopment.
I have a grey card and use the spotmeter in my Nikon 801s
since I don't have a separate hand held spotmeter.
If I understand you correctly, with the grey card exposures,
are you describing how you determine which shadow level to
expose for?  i.e. are you determining your film's customised
ASA this way?  Does this method relate to the often quoted
rule of thumb "expose for the shadows and develop for the
highlights"?

regards
Peter Badcock

> 2- Take pictures of the (gray) card under even light in a
typical