[pure-silver] Re: Optimum results pushing 4x5 Tri-x 320 at 800 or 1600iso??

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:08:37 -0700

Another thing to try is developing it with something like Pyrocat-HD and
doing a semi-stand type development. It'll help keep the lights and
highlights from blowing out, while enabling you to get some details in the
more moderate shadows. But my experience (45+ years) is that the speed of
the film is what it is; deviating from that is always a compromise of
something. And, unless you've done it before and know how those changes are
quantitatively and qualitatively going to effect your image, you're pretty
much into just guessing.
Bob Younger