[pure-silver] Optimum results pushing 4x5 Tri-x 320 at 800 or 1600iso??

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:06:50 -0400

Hello,

Needless to say, I got all sorts of contrary opinions as to how high you can push the iso of 4x5 TX 320asa and still get satisfactory results??? And what developer will give those results?

They are building a new super-hospital campus with several 10-12 story buildings, not far from here, 15 minute walk. The sides are still open and the work lights are left on at night. Quite the spectacle. I want to catch this on the above mentioned 4x5 sheet film, before they close up the walls. I'm using a Toyo 4x5 CF with a 127/7.7 Ektar in a Supermatic shutter and a monopod. Lens standard set to infinity and use the viewfinder with the #4 mask and three loaded Grafmatics.

Any opinions dearly welcome.

Cheers,
Bogdan