[pure-silver] Re: Odd picture

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:34:38 -0700

I found the next picture by clicking on the next button far more
interesting. What a waist.

I have spent 15 years on the ocean, and the problem with this photo is the
stem [the bow] visible below the water line would curve into the keel
[bottom of vessel],and with water this clear the straight water line would
not be as evident. The digital camera sensor is operating way beyond its
ability to record the SBR [subject brightness range] of this scene, and that
could account for the distorted water line.
Jonathan Ayers [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]