[pure-silver] Re: Odd picture

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 06:31:46 -0700

On Thursday, May 31, 2007, at 12:10AM, "Richard Knoppow"
<dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
I'd agree that the lack of a reflection looks odd, though this could be the
effect of a linear polarizing filter, which will block out a reflection from a
dielectric such as water completely for some angles. I'm not sure that this is
true for the circular polarizers recommended for most modern cameras. Other
than that I've seen water this clean is some mountain lakes where the water was
so clear you could get vertigo while swimming.
All the best
Larry