[pure-silver] Re: OT Large Format Question

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:25:32 -0500

On Friday 25 March 2005 06:59, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
> <quote who=Nick Zentena date=[3/25/2005 06:55]/>
>
> >     The Shen Hao 6x12 back is $220 if you buy from the factory. It also
> > comes with 6x9,6x6 and 6x4.5 masks. The back uses a ruby window and it's
> > a dark ruby window but that's the only issue I have with mine. Any one
> > ordering a camera direct from the factory and looking for a back might
> > consider it.
>
>     Hi Nick,
>
>     How do you order direct from the factory?

        I doubt it makes sense for the 4x5 when you factor in the shipping of
the
camera but it's the only way to order the bigger cameras. You go to the Shen
Hao website and send them an email. They'll send you a note back with the
cost. You then ask them for the payment details. You'll have to make a bank
transfer and when the factory receives it they Fed Ex it out.  Emailing the
factory means dealing with the time differences and the language.

        Nick