[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Processor advice - reply and thanks

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:08:06 +0200

Quoting Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>       Is stablizer needed with RA-4?

Needed? No.. but it improves the whites as well as extends the life of
prints and reduces the demands on water washing--- in fact one can use these
superstabilizers instead of water to wash (that's what the NP means as in
"no plumbing" or without water). The RA-4 process, in contrast to E-6 and C-41,
was, I think, initially designed without a stabilization bath but there seem
to be no advantages to not using one (not even cost).
These superstabs have low replenishment rates and are highly concentrated...
a little bit goes a long way (100 litres worth costs, I think, under 25 EURO)..
so far that I'm still working on a jug of Tetenal (and who knows when I'll
ever get around to using some of the Champion RA-4 Rinse I picked up on a lark).

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net