[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Processor advice - reply and thanks

  • From: matthew gaylen <mgaylen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:04:58 -0500

It's very cool... looks like a 3/8-inch fitting of some kind... with an elbow and a cap... it looks like you could attach a tube to the fitting at some point if you wanted to use it out of a sink... which is, I suppose how we got here... it looks like there's glue or plumbers putty on the inside and presumably on the outside too, and also a rubber washer on the outside also for added spill and drip protection.

It's looks easy enough to do it yourself... all you have to do is drill a hole the size of the outside diameter of the fitting you're using - make it a tight fit.

Then push the fitting into the hole, throw some plumbers putty on the inside and screw the inside tight - you could even use some plumbers thread tape if you're extra paranoid about leaking. Then repeat the procedure on the outside. If you're using a rubber gasket on the outside do you need plumbers putty too? I think if you screw the outside nut on an extra 1/2 to 3/4 turn you're tight enough against the gasket to prevent leaking... I think at that point the plumbers putty doesn't do anything but erode the rubber gasket... ...if you're like me it'll take 3/4 of a day, every tool in the garage and 24 trips to the hardware store... but it is very sharp.

Best,

Matt

On Sep 17, 2005, at 9:41 AM, DarkroomMagic wrote:

I have emailed the pictures of the Jobo drain to Matt. If someone else wants
to see it, let me know.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2005-09-14 08:38, "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not very good at posting stuff, but I can email a couple of photos to
someone who is willing to post them. I'm leaving for business today, but I'm
back Friday night, and I'm happy to take them then.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2005-09-14 07:40, "matthew gaylen" <mgaylen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Mr. Lambrecht... would you be able to post a photo of the drain
faucet somewhere?

Thanks,

On Sep 12, 2005, at 5:56 AM, DarkroomMagic wrote:

Attaching a small plastic faucet, found In gardening supplies, is
really
easy to attach to a Jobo processor. It makes draining  a breeze.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2005-09-12 12:03, "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Friends,

     Thank you to all who replied. The consensus seems to be
drainage -
always a good idea in my profession - and I am going to try the
experiment
of setting a syphon to work into the sink after each session. If
it works it
should remove most of the weight and I can tip the rest out. I am
happy with
the thought of not collecting a lot of stale water in the place -
I tipped
out the water bath of a Nova processor that had cycled hot and
cold for
years and it was a lesson in natural history all right....

     Uncle Dick

PS:    Advice now sought on a suitable device that will wash 20" x
24"
prints. I have been using the bathtub but I think there must be a
better
way. Water will become almost as expensive as petrol in the future
and I
want to save it.