[pure-silver] Re: HC 110 lament

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:51:20 -0400

I recently wrote on here in response to another thread about my hometown
photography store.  I had said that it looked like the property might be sold
and the building knocked down and a dollar store put up in it's place.  Well it
looks like the axe has fallen.  They have about 30days to get out of their
building.  Linda says she is going to move somewhere else and continue
operation.  In the mean time she needs to sell as much inventory as possible...

Dixie Theater Supply began operation in Albany GA in the mid 1930's as a
Theater supply company.  They supplied projection equipment, concessions
equipment, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.  They moved to their current location in
1946.  They became a dealer in things photographic about that time and have
operated continuously in the same location until now.

If you are looking for any old hard to find photographic stuff and are
interested you can email your inquiry to Linda Appleman at
dixietheatre@xxxxxxx.  Linda tells me that she has a bunch of the old theater
supply stuff right down to the lag bolts and hardware you would use to secure
theater seating to the floor.  She has five 35mm film projectors and the parts
to keep them running.  If you are looking for older chemicals there is a good
possibility she might have it.  Old  filters, she has them.  Paramender for a
Rolleiflex - probably...  I saw a Nikon F100 new in the box last time I was
there.  I think she had an FM3a...

I do not have an interest in the business.  I just thought some of you might be
interested.

Good Light!

Chuck Ulm
AKA "Speedy"