[pure-silver] Re: HC 110 lament

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:51:39 -0400

DEAR LES,

            Now you're "tawkin"!  Glad to hear that you are willing to try
other developers!

I am sure I am not alone in recommending that you consider the many pyro
developers available from many suppliers including Photog's Formulary.  I am
madly in love with Tri X sheet film in PMK or Ilford (roll and sheet) film
in Pyrocat HD.  The negs are amazingly printable with gorgeous feelings of
light.  The shadows seem to go very deep before mudding out and the
highlights seem to go on forever with separation that would be lost to
blocking with other developers.  Moreover, the midtones have lovely, subtle
separation as well.

Enjoy the search!

                                    CHEERS!

                                                BOB