[pure-silver] Re: HC 110 lament

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:19:21 -0600

On 3/24/2014 12:39 PM, Les Myers wrote:
I studied the pyro instructions and what is required to work with it. I have a "wet/dry" darkroom where I print and develop paper. I do the "wet" stuff for developing film and washing prints in a small bathroom using the bathtub for pouring, rinsing and fixing film in stainless steel tanks. There's no room for working safely or comfortably with pyro. But thanks for the recommendation and information.

Les,
In the old days, guys developed in trays for years with their bare hands in the Pyro for hours at a time. Just don't inhale the powder when mixing the stock solution (you can mix it outside if you want). Using tanks for developing there is no need for bare hands to come in contact with the developer. Just pour it down the tub drain when you are through with a little water running from the faucet. Wear a nitrile glove if you want to but don't not use Pyro because you are afraid of it. It is a great developer.
Chauncey