[pure-silver] Re: Diafine

  • From: Joel Alpers <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:52:52 -0700

Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Hi Craig,

That's one of the formulas I pulled off the 'net after my search with Google. The formula is from Patrick Dignan's book "Classic B&W Formulas"

I have 400 ft of 16mm Microfilm, Fuji Super HR, and I've been told by several people who shoot in 16 and 8 mm that Diafine is the way to go with Microfilm. So I want to find out for myself. Developer's that are dedicated to microfilm give a very contrasty neg whereas Diafine gives the neg tonality and enables the microfilm to be used for pictorial purposes.

I have 400 feet. so might as well play around with it.

Freestyle has it on their on-line catalog:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=&pid=5558

Joel.