[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning a Drum Dryer

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:12:13 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Nelson" <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:35 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Cleaning a Drum Dryer

Thanks, I've heard that before too and I may just do
that as there was a lot of yellow water coming off the
thing, partly from the rubber rollers, age and dust,
but it's gotten a very thorough cleaning so far.  I'm
using a 5 gallon bucket and MANY changes of water and
several detergent applications.

Putting it back on moist will probably be my approach
but it wasn't too bad of a fit as there is slack built
in and a "floating" heavy rod that takes up any slack
by its weight.

As far as the drum, I'd just like to use something
that will romove any streaking without having to get
into powders, and was considering Windex.  Any
thoughts there?
Eric
    Try one of the newer "streak-free" window cleaners.

---