[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning a Drum Dryer

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for that tip.  I wondered about bleach and went
ahead with it since the thing was rather yellowed
w/age.

I ended up using liquid detergent and borax first with
many rinses and more detergent and rinses and then a
very dilute bleach for 5 mins., about 2 oz to 2 or 3
gallons.  Then many rinses before hanging it up for a
bit.

Presently I'm dealing with the tolerances of the dryer
itself that seem askew, now that I'm very familiar
with the guts of the thing, and the heat reflector
won't go where they say it should. =\

Main thing is to get it together enough to test and
talk to Regal-Arkay tomorrow if things run wild.
Eric