[pure-silver] Atomal?

  • From: Helen Bach <helenbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:18:07 -0500

Does anyone know if anyone sells Atomal (1-(beta)-hydroxyethyl
2-aminophenol or whatever you want to call it) in small quantities? Is
it still used in the current versions of Promicrol and A-49?

Oh, and I've seen two formulae for A-49. One is almost identical to
that published in the Promicrol patent, but without the
hexametaphosphate (ie Atomal and glycin as the developing agents) and
the other has Atomal, catechol and hydroquinone. I guess that I should
buy some and smell it.

Grateful for any insights.

Thanks,
Helen