[pure-silver] Re: Archives?

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:26:10 -0500

<quote who=Peter Badcock date=[3/30/2005 20:17]/>

> Why do you ask?

    I might have a few ideas.

    http://www.hypermail.org/

    This will read a pile of emails and split them into HTML files. Then you
just dump the HTML files onto the web and wait for Google to crawl them. Then
just do a Google search using the "site:" parameter.

    I can set that all up. The problem is disk space. I don't have six gigs of
space on my website. Maybe we should get a website with 10gigs or so of disk
space and then take donations to pay for it (say $150USD a year).

    Then for new mails, subscribe a dummy user to the list and have a cron job
run hypermail every hour or so on that dummy user's mbox.

    The mailing list software Mailman uses a form of hypermail and it works
very
well with Google.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx