[pure-silver] Re: Archives?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:57:35 -0500 (EST)

I have all past emails (including mailing lists), PDF files,
PostScript files and other text based files indexed and searchable for
my use. This system is very useful to find out relevant scientific
publications, handouts and booklets I made in the past, spec sheets of
products, etc. from a pile of files I have.

This is relatively easy to do---use namazu to index them all and use
whatever user interface program you like to look it up. These all run
on Unix and are supplied in source code so they should run easily on
MacOS X.

Mailing list archive under pure-silver.org will become keyword
searchable when the volumes become large enough to warrant the work to
add the functionality.  But I'm reluctant to openly supply searchable
archives of other lists.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."