[pure-silver] Re: Archives?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, georges.giralt@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:12:36 -0500 (EST)

From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Archives?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:13:21 +0200

> Using Mozilla tools --> search mail I'm able to search mail messages for
> which the subject, title or both contain a string I search. Doing this
> just now, I found messages pertaining to "printing" from 2001. It may
> take a while to search, and results are displayed at random, so maybe
> you did not allow the search to terminate ? (on my Athlon 1700+ machine
> with a 1GB ram, it takes time in the order of the minute and sometimes
> more.)

If you used namazu like I do, such a search would take one second on
Crusoe 933MHz wimpy laptop, and you could use google-like syntax (and,
or, not, phrases and what not), and sort the search results in
relevance score, date, subject, source (taken from From header line in
case of emails, etc., etc.).

This is most useful when searching for friends' contact info or
something that are deeply embedded in my inbox and never transferred
to address book.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."