[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Re: Efke R100 Chapter 2: PMK

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:07:53 -0700

On May 19, 2011, at 08:55, Eric Nelson wrote:

> Once I switched to Jobo processing, I used PMK for a while till I learned of
> pyrocat hd and made the switch to that developer.  PMK can have some
> unevenness in rotary whereas pyrocat seems to avoid that with all the
> benefits of PMK.

I was seduced into trying PMK several times over the years and always came to
the same conclusion that it was too difficult to
get away from the mottling on sheet film.  Recently I have been using
Pyrocat-HD and it is for me much better than PMK.
No mottling at all and nice brownish negs on rolls or sheets that print
beautifully.  The only problem I have had was recently with FP4, but
that turned out to be a problem with Edwals LFN instead.
Dennis