[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Re: Efke R100 Chapter 2: PMK

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:10:22 -0600

On 5/19/2011 2:10 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
Roll film had it's issues for me w/the 1500 series and I had a problem w/5x7 in the 3010 drum w/unevenness and lack of proper fixing. I'm surprised that the 2509 worked for you despite the warnings to not use that drum/reel combo w/PMK. That warning is what drove me to get a 3010 drum and I never tried the 2509 w/PMK. Maybe mine was not the N version? Also I was using PMK before the used developer after-bath was declared unnecessary.
So your friend's Jobo or pyrocat died mid-run?

Never a problem with PMK in the 2509N with either 4 or 6 sheets. As I said, EDTA added to the PMK to control aerial oxidation (per Hutchings) and Jobo speed set to P. The 3010 was designed for 4x5, no? I used a friend's 3010 once and it was more of a pain than the 2509N. 5x7 or 8x10 in the 3005 is no sweat as Jobo says. I load wet with the narrow side down and push to the bottom. EDTA again, and the speed of the Beseler is perfect. My friend's Pyrocat died - he doesn't have a Jobo.
Chauncey