[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Re: Efke R100 Chapter 2: PMK

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ahh yes a year goes by before you know it and boom it could be gone.
I think the EDTA formulation is from Hutchings' 2nd book?  I only have the 1st.

Yes the 3010 is for 10 4x5's and can be had for 400-600 on ebay. =\

As I understood it, the baffles that you put on the reel plus the fact it wasa
reel were supposed to cause problems with PMK although that setup worked just
fine for non-stained developers.  I think I had a 2523 actually
( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images345x345/25557.jpg) and a longer
version that allowed me to put 2 or 3 4x5 reels in it.

The strange thing is that 8x10 never gave me an issue but 5x7 in the same tank
(3005) did even with a presoak. If I get some in ever again I'll try the wet
load which, I assume,  means the tubes are filled w/water and dry film is
inserted.