[pure-silver] Re: 2 'Dead" Kearsarge Timers

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:29:01 +0000

Sent from an iPad,

On 16 Nov 2011, at 18:23, Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure exactly.  Wondering right now what electrical things can make the
> transition to 220, what is worthwhile bringing, what has to be sold off,
> (car, furniture, etc.)

Many modern power supplies are voltage agile, and will just work. This will be
marked on them if true. This applies to things like computers, camera battery
chargers etc. It did not apply to my Epsom scanner, so always check and don't
assume.
For things with mothers in them, food mixers coffee grinders and the like, you
can get a transformer. This will work ok, but in the longer term the lower
frequency, 50 vs 60 he tends to burn out motors faster, even though the voltage
has been changed.

Bring extension cords so you can plug a couple of things into the one
transformer, and trip over them at night.
My 2c.
Laurence Cuffe