[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 8) -- Ad-Hoc Part 1

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:46:18 +0800

On 24 June 2011 05:34, Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm. Without any of the proposed corrections I get
>  40 miles of distance + 2 miles of climb
>  ~= 40 + 2 x 8 miles of distance
>  = 56 miles of distance
> and, dividing by 3 miles per hour, I get less than 19 hours.

*blinkblink*

It would appear that I forgot to divide the 40 miles by 3 miles per hour.
Thanks, Ingo!

See, Simon, you were right -- this is why we need volunteers with different
interests! I can use Google and Wikipedia, but I don't have the domain
knowledge to recognise when I've gotten an obviously wrong answer. :-)

--
Tim Pederick