[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 8) -- Ad-Hoc Part 1

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:09:21 +0100

On 28/06/2011 22:12, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

THE CAPTIVES OF KAAG

(er)    10, 213:        the commotion, and your presence, has ->  the
commotion, and your presence, have [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect10>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect213>

If we want to make it more obviously parenthetical, we could use
dashes instead of commas.

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect10>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect213>

(er)    307:    Its sheer size and strength enables ->  Its sheer size and
strength enable [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect307>

Yeah, this one strikes me as an idiomatic quirk, but I agree that
"size and strength" is probably a cliche phrase that now functions as
a single object. However, I'd say fix it.

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/14tcok/title.htm#sect307>

All the rest marked as Rejected. Brilliant!

In case anyone is wondering, or is having trouble keeping count, we have now dropped below 100 outstanding issues against the published Lone Wolf books (1-25). Including Tim's reported issues against Books 4 and 9 recently, I make it roughly 93 (or +1 with the G/god/s issue). So this really is a sprint, albeit a very long one, since we're inexorably reducing the number of unresolved issues. Once these are resolved, hopefully any new reports will be reported much more sporadically and will be easier to deal with.

Or to put it another way: I really don't want or intend to be doing these every week for years to come! :-D