[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 8) -- Ad-Hoc Part 1

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:46:33 +0100

On 30/06/2011 00:42, Chris Neilson wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 12:34 +0100, Simon Osborne wrote:
Since it might makes things easier if there is an overall theme to the
list, next week's ad-hoc list (coming Sat/Sun) will be vaguely based
around singular vs. plural. I'm trying to avoid rules issues for
now...don't want to ignite the list again so soon after the
contentiousness of the whole Mentora/Grand Weaponmastery bonus fiasco.>_<

In regards to rules issues, why not add a footnote to anything that is
under dispute and say "refer to Player handbook for now" (or a
rules-lawyers forum or something) until/if there is a consensus?

Keeps this list on track.
Lets you cross more stuff off the to-do list.
Lets people who want to argue about rules or how to resolve differences
in interpretations argue elsewhere.

Adding and removing footnotes is much more of a chore than errata, so it's best to discuss such things on-list before making such changes and updating the WHOLE book in the test area, as opposed to just a handful of sections with typographical amendments.

Anyway, no discussion on the list is off-topic if it's related to the series; I just didn't expect the Mentora +2 Grand Weaponmastery bonus to be so contentious! Best to concentrate on more grammatical issues for another couple of weeks and only then return to game/gameplay/rules issues, I think. It also helps to keep things focused, since points of grammar can get lost amidst a slew of legitimate comments regarding a gameplay bug.

Just FYI, I have the following lists planned and drafted:

Week 9: Ad-Hoc (Part II) -- sing. vs. pl.
Week 10: Ad-Hoc (Part III) -- various grammatical points
Week 11: Book 14 remaining issues
Week 12: Footnote Frenzy! (Part I)
Week 13: Footnote Frenzy! (Part II)

Weeks 12 and 13 are planned to cover ALL remaining footnote proposals for Books 1-25. Week 13 will also cover all remaining Giak issues.

If all goes to plan, even assuming a steady trickle of extra issues being reported in the meantime, we should be below 30 remaining issues by the time Week 14 rolls around, and we can take stock from there (though I'd recommend continuing until we have crushed every last one of them!).