[projectaon] Re: Magic Spear (FotW)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:16:07 +0000

On 19/03/2013 22:19, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We should treat it the same way we do
http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/08tjoh/sect60.htm
However, my preference would be to alter the original text to reflect the
other items capable of harming a Helghast (maybe list them in parentheses
prefaced with "or alternatively posses at least one of the following items")
rather than a footnote.
Being consistent is more important though.

We could also change 08tjoh to make things consistent, but that's a
slightly unwieldy list. It would read:

"If you possess the Sommerswerd, the Dagger of Vashna, the Jewelled
Mace, or the Magic Spear, turn to 308."

That would allow us to add an unobtrusive "or the Magic Spear" to the
sections in 03tcok.

What do you think?

FWIW it sounds like a good idea to me. This is an inconsistent gameplay issue that should be resolved, and this is the best way to do it--no footnote! :-)