[projectaon] Re: Magic Spear (FotW)

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:19:00 -0700

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 14/03/13 09:53, Jonathan Blake wrote:
>
> > Any appetite for a footnote in these sections? While you can't leave the
> > Sommerswerd in safe keeping, it is possible for the player to drop it.
> > Maybe they want to challenge themselves to play the books without the
> > Sommerswerd? Or maybe they simply don't realize its value at first? Anyway,
> > it is conceivable that a player who once possessed the Sommerswerd to now
> > only possess the Magic Spear.
>
> We should treat it the same way we do
> http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/08tjoh/sect60.htm
> However, my preference would be to alter the original text to reflect the
> other items capable of harming a Helghast (maybe list them in parentheses
> prefaced with "or alternatively posses at least one of the following items")
> rather than a footnote.
> Being consistent is more important though.

We could also change 08tjoh to make things consistent, but that's a
slightly unwieldy list. It would read:

"If you possess the Sommerswerd, the Dagger of Vashna, the Jewelled
Mace, or the Magic Spear, turn to 308."

That would allow us to add an unobtrusive "or the Magic Spear" to the
sections in 03tcok.

What do you think?