[projectaon] Re: Another Milestone

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:07:50 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonathan Blake wrote:
Is it too soon to say "the end draweth nigh"? :)
Yes, because the amount of work that needs to be done to them is immense.
And now that we have all the books in XML, I've been doing "Find in files"
searches through all of them for common errors and finding many of them. :-/

My tongue was firmly in cheek, so don't worry that I've lost my
marbles. I realize that there's lots more work to do, though it
actually seems possible that we'll have published all of the books
before our tenth anniversary. Let's hope I'm not jinxing it. :)

It would be pleasantly fitting if we could.

(Do Americans really say 'lost my marbles'? I thought that was a British expression!)

(*) Should Giak be in <foreign> tags?

Yes, with the xml:lang attribute set to "x-giak" would be great.

I'll do what I can. I might miss the odd one, but if something should get fixed, let's do it to all the books in one go!

Should the Giak's shouted speech in
CAPITALS in Book 1 rather being in <strong>Sentence case</strong>?

That's going to come out bold, so I don't know if that will look
right. I support the sentence case, but I'm not positive about the use
of <strong>. Let's hold off on this until we get more opinions and
I've had a chance to mull it over.

OK, I'll leave in CAPS.

Everything else looks good. If you have the time and energy, more
power to you. You have my blessing and gratitude.

Sorted! Just to clarify, I haven't been touching 01hh, since I didn't want to duplicate any work or obstruct the release. But if I do spot something in it, I'll report it to the list. SO far, I haven't. It seems we've done a very good job with it! :-)

Simon Osborne
Burnt-out Project Aon Junkie

If you need a vacation, just say the word. ;)

That will no doubt come next week. ;-)