[projectaon] Re: 02smr Comment Period

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 10:35:44 +0100

On 10/04/2015 23:21, Jonathan Blake wrote:

> (er) 241: doorway—the rifleman and one other—armed with a -> doorway—the
> rifleman, and one other armed with a

In the XML, we have it as "Two more men in uniform emerge from the
doorway—the rifleman and one other, armed with a sawn-off shotgun." Is
this the original? That seems to work to me.

I've implemented your wording above, though it still seems a little
ambiguous to me. Maybe "...and one other, who is armed with..."?

The comma probably isn't necessary, so how about "doorway—the rifleman
and one other who is armed with a sawn-off shotgun"?

This also affected Section 16. Fixed in 16 and 241.

For completeness, the wording for the "alt-text" to the puzzle in
Section 129 still needs to be written and added.

Thanks for the reminder. Here's my first shot at it. I don't know if
the caption text helps, but it does hint that the pattern proceeds
counterclockwise around the dials.

Should we make that "anticlockwise" since the book uses so many
British-isms like "tyres" and "gaol"? I've never been more tempted to
switch all of these to American English. It's rather jarring to see
Texas drawl juxtaposed with British spellings. :)

Sorry--I took a chance and altered it to anticlockwise, since "counterclockwise" doesn't appear in any of the other books (and is even being marked as a typo by my E-mail client)! ;-)

The implementation can be seen in the Simple edition here:

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-simple/fw/02smr.htm#sect129>

Anything else?

Not that I'm aware of. All reported issues are resolved and checked in. Is anyone else working through the book right now? Also, are we planning on re-releasing Book 1 at the same time? Last time we re-released the LW/GS books, we put of 01hh in favour of making it a double release with 02smr. A lot of issues have been fixed in it since its initial release.