[project1dev] Re: Temple Concerns and Decisions

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:07:10 -0700

hey you could give that a shot if you wanted as a proof of concept.

like make some models that are peices of fog (like puffy cloud looking
billboarded sprites maybe?)

and just have it when the player touches them, they move away from the
player a little.

you could make up a map and try and get it working, Kent would probably be
able to point you in the right direction for how to do some of that stuff
too.

if you get it working, and it looks good and we have a place to use it, we
could find a better way to code it in (like maybe making each fog particle a
mob? or maybe by making this movement vs the player be some property of
particle systems?)

in any case if you get a proof of concept working in script that would be
pretty neat