Re: Possibly OT, VMWare?

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:33:48 +0300

You don't ruin Windows if you use a virtual machine which sits on the internal
hard disk.

The image is just a file, or better said just a group of files that sit in a
directory and that you need to open that file with VMWareWorkstation or VMWare
Player.

I have even tested a Windows XP image installed under Win XP, and the second
Win XP (the image) was pretty accessible. Of course, the speed was not as good
as of the main Win XP, but I could make different tests on it.

But I didn't know how to configure the networking part of the images in order
to have access to the internet, to be able to run a web server in the image OS
and access it from the main OS and viceversa.

Octavian