Re: Learning What I Need To Know About Basic Linux

  • From: "Martin Slack" <m.g.slack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:52:43 +0100

 Hi Jim,

Starting way down your list of questions, I think there is a command to say which shell is running, but I can't recall it right now. I find that if you enter an unrecognised command, the bash shell starts its error message with the word 'bash:'. If you cat /etc/shells you should get a list of all the available shells on your system. Start reading from there :-)

 hth

 Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>