RE: Learning What I Need To Know About Basic Linux

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:31:46 +0200

You can also change the shell yourself.
You don't need the root password or a sys. admin Smile!

The below command assumes that ksh is installed in /bin/ksh.
If the ksh package is not installed you'll need root privileges to install
it.
Or use sudo/sudoers if available.
Execute the following command to change your login shell:

$ chsh -s /bin/ksh