Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:51:13 -0400

Well your partially right. If they did care about there users it would be a big improvement, because most of them are not the buyers. And the buyers are what any company listens too. Sense Ted sold the company. All it has thought about was money. many bugs still exist from 4.0 and every version has new bells and whistles with even more bugs. i don't see why they are so worried about the scripting, sense they have such crappy documentation on there own scripting language. But then the competition can use any language and there is a world of documentation for it out here on the net. Rats, I think I just gave away the secret why the other guy cares about its users enough to at least give them documentation on the product. that right they always did, and jaws gives us what, because no one uses it or most of there questions on other list would be answered! Its not apples and oranges now people. its survival of the or intimidation of the costly with us the user caught in the middle.

At 07:08 AM 7/27/2008, you wrote:
Hi Jamal,

Sad to say, I believe that the only clear winners in this law suit are the
lawyers.

It would appear that the purpose of this lawsuit is not to protect FS
interests, but to suppress fair competition. It's not about the place marker
patent, it's about trying to stop the release of another screen reader that
has scripting capabilities.

My opinion on the matter is that FS better get off their collective buts and
fix the problems with their own product rather than trying to eliminate the
competition.

I hope that FS monitors this group because they have lots of their customers
really upset with this kind of attitude.
Regards,

Jim
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxxxxx