Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: Jim Dunleavy <jim.dunleavy@xxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:16:52 +0100

Hi Jamal,

I wonder if Sun Microsystems is also at risk of being sued
over Orca's bookmarks feature.
We should try to get as much bad publicity as possible for FS.
Maybe Groklaw would cover the story?
Groklaw has helped on previous occasions to find prior art in
cases where products bases on free software have been attacked,
Barracuda being sued by Trend Micro over ClamAV being a notable example.
It seems the point of software patents is not to protect innovation,
but is about a much dirtier game altogether.
I wasn't at all amazed by this.

--Jim