Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:47:35 +0300

I think most of the patents are in the same situation.
Very few of them are very intelligent things that others couldn't think about.

So the one who's faster and registers the patent is the winner.
Is it ok? Of course it isn't. This is a protection invented by the powerful
companies in their favour.

The registrar of patents should register only and only if much intelectual work
or imagination was involved for doing something. If in the moment of the
registration, or any time later, if someone proves that patent is a simple
thing that doesn't imply a big intellectual effort, that patent should be
revoked.

Why isn't so? Because as it is now, it is in favour of bigger and powerful
companies.

Octavian