Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:08:51 -0700

I gave HJ or FS the idea of a very, very similar place marker function before this feature was released in what I believe was jaws 5. In fact, I vaguely recall my suggestion got as far as Eric Damery, and he himself wrote me telling me that this idea was a good one and that their development team was already working on incorporating such a feature into their next jaws release. My point is that this place marker idea was just about bordering on idiot level common sense, so I can definitely see others--especially software engineers-- concluding that this would be a much needed feature of a screen reader. You know, now that I think about it, I might just send my e-mail interactions with Eric Damery to GW Micro as my little contribution to their discovery.

Matthew
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:43:30 -0700
From: Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I say let them fight and while they are fighting I hope Saratek is coding.

Ken