Re: Credible rumor that deserves serious consideration, IMHO

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 23:08:38 -0400

Hi,
I would not doubt it for one second. They dropped the ball on Linux
accessibility pretty much first thing when they took over Sun. It's
probably a good idea, if you have influence over software decisions, to
encourage companies, clients, and friends to stay far far away from
Oracle and their software. I was even going to get rid of Open Office
but fortunately the version used in Ubuntu is a fork so not subject to
them. unless, that is, they somehow manage to win their evil attack on
Google. If that happens, who knows who they will attack next. Keep your
fingers crossed, and maybe the open source community will keep the
Bridge going, Orca is still alive and well after all.
Storm
--
Registered Linux user number 508465:
http://counter.li.org/