Re: Credible rumor that deserves serious consideration, IMHO

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:09:57 -0400

Jamal,

I believe that you are correct on all points.  The Window Eyes Java code does
not use JAB.  JAB is only a bridge from Java accessibility API and MSAA.  There
is no technical limitation that would prevent Anyone else from writing either
custom code for a screen-reader to interact with Java apps, or a bridge from
Java to MSAA, UIAutomation, or iAccessible2.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter