[program-l] Re: VB: newbie needs guidance

  • From: David Lant <david.lant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:06:29 +0100

Hi Che,

there are JAWS scripts for VS.NET 2003.  However, these don't work with VS
2005.  There are a couple of people on this list who are currently working
on scripts for VS 2005, and I'm sure they'll let everyone know when they're
ready.

You may be a little confused about the editions available.  The Express
Edition will only be available for VS 2005.  I.e. there is no Express
Edition for VS.NET 2003.  Also, the Pro Edition is a different one from
Express, so you can't go for both at once.  You either go for Express or
Pro.

As for upgrade paths, I believe there is a page on the MS web site that
gives the projected upgrade prices.  For those lucky enough to have MSDN
Universal subscriptions, the upgrade is free.  But for us mere mortals, the
thousands of dollars per year that such a subscription costs rather wipes
that out as a benefit. <grin>  But I do believe the per product upgrade
prices will be quite reasonable, in comparison to those in the past.

David Lant

I.T. Consultant
Consultancy & Development
ICT Services
Tel: (01392) 382464

Devon County Council accepts no legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. The views expressed do not reflect those of Devon County
Council.