[program-l] VB: newbie needs guidance

  • From: "Che" <che@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:38:40 -0500

  Hi gang,
  I am fairly new to the programming game, having just finished a few PHP mySql
projects, and I'm looking to learn some windows application programming, mainly
with the hopes of creating games for the blind.
  I know there will be a lot of hard work involved in learning something like
this, as well as a lot of time.  I am prepared for that, but I would like to
get off on the right foot.  I know there are several versions of VB out there,
and I'm not sure which I should look into.  I am wanting to create applications
that allow users to interact over the internet, as well as save their
information to a database.
  I have been told that VB .net 2005 is coming out soon.  Is that something I
should wait on?  In short what would you reccomend a neophyte programmer such
as myself get started with, and what are some good resources for the blind
programmer to learn from out there on the web?
  Any advice is greatly appreciated, and feel free to email me directly at
che@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Thanks,
  Che

  Come check out our football betting simulation designed with the blind in
mind at http://linksforblinks.com