[procps] Re: top: NUMA node CPU utilization support

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:09:56 -0400 (EDT)

> Jaromir,

Hi Jim.

> The 57 days you took to reply will be hard to forget.
>
> Your perspective was needed *before* 3.3.8 was released.

I'm really really sorry. I didn't handle the load well.

> The attached patch addresses the issue.

Thanks. I see Craig has already pushed the patch.

I was thinking about the best way, how to automate this.
Your previous approach gives a sense. The probability
of future changes in the two called functions is lower
than probability of increasing the soname version.
That means, the solution counting with symlink can
correctly work much longer than any solution with
hardcoded versions. Maybe we could use autotools for
checking the function prototypes (numa.h) and if they
are compatible, we could resolve the libnuma.so symlink
to get the versioned soname.
Does anyone have a better idea how to fight with this?

> Jim

Thanks,
Jaromir.