Re: [PCWorks] GeoCities is closing; transferring a website

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:04:59 -0500

I don't know how "Backstreet Browser" (sounds like some kind of
p-0rn browser, hee hee), would actually work for what you need.
If you have a lot of pages and images, using an FTP program is
the simplest thing to do.  I rarely need one, but when I do I use
WS_FTP.

After logging in to your site, you're presented with a left and
right side panes, where the left side is any folder on your HD
and the right side is your website directories.  You can
highlight anything in the right pane area then just click to
transfer to your HD.  It will maintain all the website's folders
or directories hierarchy.  So you just do the reverse when
uploading to a new server.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner