Re: [PCWorks] Basic XP system and accessing the internet

  • From: LarryB <larryb227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:47:33 -0400

Peter, I tried to set this up via the link you gave me but most of it
pertains to the dynamic DNS and I have a static address for the system.
Most of this is over my head anyway so I'll keep digging.
I don't understand how the addresses work. I should be able to just
address my router and get to the Internet. When you do a ipconfig/all
that I guess only gives me the address of that computer. Tough to
trouble shoot something if you don't know the flow.
Thanks for the help anyway.

I really don't have a problem with the security system as it functions
as I expect. I am able to view all cameras from a remote site. So that
part is working.

It was just getting IE to browse the internet and maybe that is not
possible as it might be the way it is designed. I have not found that
info yet.

LarryB
Have a great day