-=PCTechTalk=- Re: spyware software?

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:29:01 -0400

My main concern now is that some may STILL misunderstand or misconstrue
something.  Let's make sure everybody understands this:

It is VERY important that you have real-time monitoring of your system.  It
is not necessary for you to go to SAFE mode to do this, though some will
make good arguments to install and uninstall/reinstall some software in SAFE
mode.

Install your various security software and be sure it is set to monitor all
activity, especially software installations, registry changes, sending and
receiving email and downloading/uploading of files.

Keep your OS and security software updated.  This can NOT be over
emphasized.  If you are lazy or ignorant or just don't want to be bothered,
set your software to do this automatically.

IF you do these three things you will have a reasonable chance of never
having to go to SAFE mode to clean up your computer.

If anyone does not understand any of the above or anything else we have
previously posted on this topic, please ask for further clarification.  It
is in our best interests to make sure you have a well protected computer
because that makes our computers that much more safe.

Don