-=PCTechTalk=- Re: open office - Help on download

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 05:51:46 -0700 (PDT)

Cris, go back to the open office org site and get the .exe file for Windows.
It will install the program for you.  The Intel means an Intel or similar chip.
 Your athalon chip is ok to use with a file made for Intel chips.  A chip from
IBM (Power something or other), Sun (SPARC??), Apple ( I think they still use a
chip made by Motorola), H-P (like the Alpha chips from the Digital Equipment
Corp, that Compaq bought out, that H-P bought out).  You want to make it
simple; get the .exe file.  It might be called a self-extracting installer.
Just be sure to get the one for Windows.  I like OpenOffice.org.

Dave
------------------------------
From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: open office - Help on download
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:55:52 -0400

I was trying to follow the directions they gave on how to install with the
command prompt. It said to put the file path in to the exe. That is what didn't
work! I unzipped it - there are 503 FILES including an exe file. My file that I
downloaded is called:
OOo_1.1.2_win32Intel_install.zip
now - I just had another thought and question - what does INTEL have to do with
this?
I don't have an intel chip on here - I have an athalon chip. Does that make a
difference?
I found another set of directions, in their forums, on how to install it for
mulitple users.
http://www.edafe.org/openoffice.html#win

Cris