-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic/seeking short wmv butterfly movie for powerpoint

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:15:52 -0400

Wonderful!

Thanks Gman,

I will read and absorb what you wrote below later tonight but does this mean
you wont email me the movie file ;0 hehehee,,  what was confusing me was
when I tried to download the butterfly movie, it would only let me right
click save as link, I did not want a link, just the movie.   FLV files are
rather new to me, just another movie type I guess, although someone at work
had mentioned them once in reference to Utube I think.

ok, have installed the add ons, extending like crazy lol.  Am downloading he
media converter and on dial up so is slow...must be fairly large file.  I
have a monsterous movie editing program on my computer Pinnacle that does
some converting.  I have done this with movie files from my digital movie
camera.  I have not tried it out with movie files from online like UTube or
something.  It works fine for my home made movies.  I will be buying a new
computer soon as my boat comes in (maybe end of summer?)  will be on cable
then and have a more powerful, bigger, better puter I hope ;0.  I'm on a
Dell now and I think I almost gave it a heart attack today as it was making
loud mean sounds and the air blowing harder out of the fan.  I guess I am
overworking it!.  BTW, these addons are a new thing for me, could I have
done that in IE?  I will try the media converter out later after it is
downloaded and installed.  And try out the download helper and YouPlayer.

thanks,

Christine