-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic/seeking short wmv butterfly movie for powerpoint

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:46:36 -0400

Cristy,
    Video is on its way.  FLV files are actually Flash versions of these
movies.  They are converted to FLV to make them smaller for web use and can
only be played by Flash enabled apps such as your browser.  Since they are
Flash files, they run within another process (Flash) which shields them from
easy downloading by right clicking the screen.  Instead, all you get is the
menu for the flash player.  Also, since they're specifically made for Flash
use, they may not be supported by Pinnacle.  It's a good thing you're
downloading the converter.

    Extensions cannot be used in IE and not all extensions will work in
every app that DOES support them.  The ability to make them was created by
the Mozilla team so they are designed specifically for any programs that use
Mozilla's code base.  These apps include Firefox, the now defunct Netscape,
Thunderbird (email client) and some other projects they have going on over
there at Mozilla.com.  There's even a calendar program that supports some of
these extensions.       lol

    Finally, please describe (with as much detail as possible) the sounds
you're hearing from your system so we can try to figure out what's causing
it.  I don't want you suffering through a hard drive crash before you get
your stuff backed up.

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"